The FORMED Project is an ongoing way to encourage and equip Redemption Tempe to participate in Christian practices in order to be intentionally formed more into the image of Jesus.
Have you ever thought about the ways you are being formed? Whether we realize it or not, we are all being formed by powerful daily habits. If we are not intentional, the habits of our culture will form us more than the ways of Jesus, and we will be formed into images of other things instead of the image of Jesus. Rather than being unintentionally shaped by our environment, we want to be intentionally formed by the Holy Spirit through Christian practices in our lives.
Many people are familiar with reading the Bible and prayer, but it can be difficult to make these practices become intentional rhythms of our lives. There is a wealth of different ways to connect with and experience God. During The FORMED Project, we will be applying these ways so we can encounter God, and be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Resources for The FORMED Project available in the lobby on Sundays:
- The FORMED Project Brochure – Overview & Calendar (free)
- The FORMED Project Journal ($10)
- Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices That Transform Us by Adele Calhoun ($20)
Watch monthly videos for The FORMED Project:
- The FORMED Project: Launch Video
- FORMED Practices: Hospitality (September)
- FORMED Practices: Lectio Divina (Ocober)
- FORMED Practices: Gratitude (November)
- FORMED Practices: Advent (December)
- FORMED Practices: Listening Prayer (January)
- FORMED Practices: Confession (February)
- FORMED Practices: Fasting (March)
- FORMED Practices: Fixed Hour Prayer with Lord’s Prayer