The Prayer and Action Group has four objectives:
1. Deeply understand the people, places, and problems associated with At Risk Students through reading, discussion, and meeting with experts.
2. Praying together about the needs we discover.
3. Developing a clear action plan for each participant to use their gifts/abilities/resources to address the focus issue.
4. Supporting, encouraging, and helping each other follow Jesus as we engage in God’s mission.
Important Information for At-Risk Students
Phase 1: Sundays at 2:00pm (1/23-3/27)
There will be 1-2 hours of learning (reading, watching documentaries, listening to podcasts, conversation with experts) per week. There will be two types of content: missional (The Symphony of Mission) and issue-specific content (TBD).
Phase 2: Meeting the second Sunday of each month (5/1/22-4/2/23) for prayer and bringing in a speaker.
Commitment: 1 year (after the competition of Phase 1)
- Be shaped by the Biblical Story.
- Embrace the glory of the grind.
- Disagreement is a gift.
- Commit to the Mission Plan.
- Make peace with the proximate. (Something is better than nothing)
- Help build the airplane while it’s in the air.
- All of life is All for Jesus.