Over the course of the Lenten season, we will be posting weekly blogs to help explain different practices, spiritual rhythms, and observances from church history in which we can be participating throughout these 40 days to center ourselves on Christ and his resurrection.
Bookmark this page and check below for links to the blog series as we post them, as well as other spiritual rhythms and events over the next 40 days.
- (2/12) Why Not Lent?
- (2/14) So about those ashes on foreheads…
- (2/21) Rhythms of Lent: Best Spiritual Practices
- (2/28) About the Church Calendar…
- (3/7) Fasting and Prayer
- (3/13) After Fasting, We Feast
- (3/15) What is a Seder and Why should Christians do it?
- (3/21) Ascension Thursday—Another Day to Keep on Your Calendar
- (3/28) Because Christ has Risen, We Become Participants in Resurrection Life
SPIRITUAL RHYTHMS & EVENTS
- Prayer Room – Our new prayer room is located in the northern-most room of the second story EdOptions building and features many different ways to pray in different postures around the room. The prayer room will be open from 6AM-7PM, Sunday-Friday between Feb 14-Mar 29.
- Fasting Days – We also invite you to join us in a corporate fast each week from sundown Wednesday through sundown Thursday. We’ll have more information on fasting and ways to fast in our blog series over the next few weeks.
- Ash Wednesday Service // 7AM on Feb 14 // Tempe Town Lake
- Worship Night // 6:30PM on Feb 22 // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary
- ASU Sunrise Prayer Walk // 7AM on Feb 28 // Hayden Lawn on ASU’s Tempe campus
- Worship Night // 6:30PM on Mar 15 // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary
- Seder Dinner // 6:30PM on Mar 29 // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary // Limited spots available – Register here
- Good Friday Services // 5:30PM & 7PM // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary
- Easter Services // 7AM, 8:30AM, 10AM & 1130AM // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary
- Baptism Sunday // During all services on Apr 8 // Redemption Tempe Sanctuary // Sign up to get baptized
We look forward to walking together through the darkness of Lent and into the glorious light of Resurrection Sunday!